Sunday, March 8, 2009

Whiskey Before Breakfast

Brenda starts this tune last night, and it's on the third repetition before I realize that it's "Whiskey Before Breakfast". The guys at Bowen's monthly kitchen junket play this one sometimes, and it's a tune I usually associate with the Old-Time-Canadianized-American tradition.
Maybe we ought to play more of this stuff at the Snug (uh-oh). For instance, here's Mike McGoldrick, Sharon Shannon, Bruce Molsky and a bunch of others that I should know if I listened to American Traditional music more often.
This title of the tune should win a contest. "Shove the Pig's Foot a Little Further into the Fire"
Neil, if you'll kindly bring your Tea-chest Bass to the next session please...

3 comments:

Mike said...

The take home lesson here is that it takes two fiddlers to balance the volume of Our Lord Mike McGoldrick!

Snug Session said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Music to make my heart dance. I wish I had been there to hear it. Thank you for posting, Mike!